I like to make goals for the new year, sometimes I make them, sometimes I don't...but I love making lists so here goes.
Things for the kids
~Read more... last year we red Charlotte's Web and they absolutely loved it.
~Play together more...Family Game Night with board games or Active video games with the Wii or Kinect
~Integrate God's Word more in their lives...I have found a few good books to help with our family devotions. And We hope to allow them to serve more in our ministry.
Being a Good Wife
~Not reacting so much out of anger
~Being a better help mate
Being a Better Officer
Monday, January 9, 2012
1. We have been blessed with two HIGH energy kids and with that causes distractions during the school day. Both P and J have been diagnosed with ADHD. With this diagnosis comes many decisions about medication, behavior modification, and education plans. Most states now allow for an Individualized Education Plan for children that have challenges at school. This is also known as an IEP.
We are having a hard time with the school even recognizing that there is a problem, even though they have officially been diagnosed. If a child's grades are not failing, often times the child will be denied an IEP, even if they are causing other problems in class, or having a difficulty socializing with the kids. I am wondering if anyone else is having or has had this issue. I want to make sure that I am doing all that I can for my kids. I am just incredibly frustrated with the process.
2. The kids are back in school. Maybe normalcy will return somewhat now that we can get back into a routine. Thankfully, I have my momAgenda to keep me organized :). It's my favorite splurge every year! I did try to electronically keep my calendar for a while, but there is just something about keeping everything written down.
3. Julia's Birthday Party is coming up soon. This is the first time we are going to have one where we actually invite more than a few friends. We are going to have it at the gym where she takes gymnastics. She is more than excited! :)
4. I am leaving for Israel in 26 days. Yes, the Holy Land. I get more excited by the minute.
5. God is doing amazing things in our church. I sense a spirit of unity and I am so thankful for it.
6. We have many hurting families in our church...I continue to pray for healing.
7. My family...my dad's health is failing. My sister is recovering from a serious injury. My step-mom is having to take care of so many things.