Saturday, July 28, 2012

The Crazy Comes Out in My Kids When Daddy Is Away

Does that seem to always happen to you? We have chosen not to put our children in childcare during the summer. Partly because we are gone for a lot of it, but mostly because it is so expensive! But when one parent is away, it can really make you rethink the no summer care decision! So what usually happens when one parent is away you ask. My kids go crazy. ( I have learned this happens more when daddy is away. When I am away they are perfect little angels...what is that about?) So how do I fix the situation? Thursday was a prime example, of crazy kid behavior. Daddy was heading out of town, so we waited to see him off. I had a few things to finish at the office, but not without moaning and groaning to leave. So I packed up my things, and made an office at McDonald's. Free Wi-fi is my friend! The kids could play while I checked emails, and finished reports. Plus unlimited refills :). While its not optimal, it did allow me to get a few things done. In hindsite, I should have taken a picture, I was in uniform to boot. I was probably the subject of many stares, but I was too busy drinking my coke and eating the new smore's pie (yes, it is really good!) Friday was a tad trickier. Programs had to be printed, and that has to be done in the office. I had to break our "no video game on the week day" rule, so I could get a few things done. I managed to stay until 11 am before I couldn't stand one more drawer being opened. We packed up and managed to squeeze errands to the post office and grocery store in. Thankfully neighborhood friends saved the day. I was able to work a little bit on my sermon and mow the grass! (It was becoming the jungle of the neighborhood...again) Saturday a trip to camp was just the break we needed. Camp staff was coming home, so we left early to let the kids enjoy camp before packing the staff up and bringing them home. Although very whiney, we managed to make it home in the mini-van with five of us, and a summer's worth of luggage for two teenagers. Even a bike! (Why am I not taking pictures of all of this hilarity?) We will see what next week holds. I will be sure to use my camera! It should be a funny sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment